1. When you first meet people they assume things about you. They think you’re stuck up, you’re an asshole, you’re a snob, whatever. They notice you’re just kind of sitting there, not saying much, not really adding to the group dynamic.
2. There’s always that one guy that just has to point out how quiet you are.
3. Or that guy that has to be like, “hey YOU, you haven’t said anything. What’s your opinion?”
4. And because people put so much pressure on you to be “on” and say something you pretty much want to do nothing except escape the situation immediately or go die in a hole somewhere.
5. Meanwhile you’ve been sitting there actually thinking SO MANY THINGS and OBSERVING. You just don’t feel like you have anything relevant to add to the conversation so you stay quiet and listen to what others are saying.
View original post 215 more words